our extra goodies
Have you signed up for a workshop and want to get a jump start on some of the exercises? Or have you already taken a workshop and would like to get some extra coaching from one of the leaders? Maybe you just need a good book to read on the plane or a special gift? Browse our goodies below.
Designed to help aspiring, stuck, or visual writers, Better than Gin: A Coloring Book for Writers combines art and narrative to stimulate your creative brain while silencing your self-doubt. The result? You get to finally write that story you're meant to write.
Flesh out your characters, structure your plot, build a cinematic setting and more, all with guided sketching, coloring, and narrative exercises designed to soothe, guide, and inspire. No exceptional drawing or creative writing skills required. You just have to be willing to color, create, and relax.
And then write.
Coaching with Jess Lourey
Arrange for a private online coaching session with Jess, creative writing professor and author of 15 books. The session lasts an hour, costs $250, and includes:
- a pre-meeting email where you send Jess a 5-page writing sample and a list of your concerns and questions
- a one-hour meeting tailored to your needs
- a follow-up email offering you a path forward
This 10-module, entertaining, and interactive program teaches you how to harvest your life experiences to heal, lead a more authentic life, and write a powerful book. You will be given:
- the science behind the healing power of transforming fact into fiction
- a simple yet powerful model for sifting through pivotal life experiences to select the one you most need to write about
- the POP method, a wildly effective tool for writing your book in one year’s time
- an exclusive creative, downloadable 80-page workbook
- insight into why now is the best time to write that book you're meant to write
- BONUS: A guide showing you how to publish a book
- so much more!
Based on the process Lourey developed and field-tested in the wake of her husband’s suicide, Rewrite Your Life is devoted to the practice of discovering, healing, and evolving through fiction writing. It combines research, practical and engaging guidance, and personal experience to meet readers where they are and take their creativity and personal growth to the next level.
Drawn into a labyrinth of messages encrypted by Emily Dickinson and centuries-old codes tucked inside the Beale Cipher, genius cryptanalyst Salem Cipher begins to uncover the truth: an ancient and ruthless group is hell-bent on ruling the world, and only a select group of women stands in its way. Enjoy this feminist thriller today!
"A fast-paced, sometimes brutal thriller reminiscent of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code." ―Booklist (starred review)
"Complex protagonists who overcome many obstacles take adventurous readers on a hair-raising thrill ride."―Library Journal (starred review)